This Workshop is designed to give Health Professionals and Bodyworkers an additional tool to help them work with clients who may experience reoccurring injuries or pains in parts of their body. This will be of interest to a wide variety of bodyworkers, sports therapists and Health Professionals. We will discuss the importance of the Vagus nerve, and how a series of compensatory patterns develops in the body that can prevent the natural self-healing process and lock the body in “fight or flight”. We will also talk about how important our Central Nervous System (CNS) is to our physical and emotional state of Well Being, and learn how congested or imbalanced Meridian systems can negatively impact it. We will learn simple, safe techniques to “unwind” the Meridians and help restore balance throughout the entire body.
The aim of this Workshop is to help you:
- Learn about how New Vision Therapists assess and clear congested Meridians
- Learn a little about the development of the 2 Vagus nerves in our mammalian body’s
- Understand their pathway In the body
- Use a simple technique to identify and improve how the Vagus nerve is performing
- Learn how to assess, treat and reassess to confirm positive change has been achieved
- Learn safe, gentle, non-manipulative techniques that I developed to address issues found
- Chat a little about our Healthy Hen concept. Benefits of Hydration, Exercise and Nutrition once CNS is balanced.
Partial Assessment is undertaken by me as I watch you work, ask questions, and gauge your feedback. On successful completion of the workshop, you are required to complete a minimum of 10 case studies, and provide me an essay style feedback report on how the sessions went. The kind of content I am looking for will be explained to you.
You will also be required to attend a review day/days to make sure that a successful transfer of knowledge has been undertaken. When I can happily tick all the boxes, you will receive your full accreditation and be qualified to practice the New Vision Therapy Lower Body Protocol. This also allows you to go on and undertake the Examination process if you are seeking full qualification status to be recognised as a New Vision Therapist. This can only be achieved with successful completion of ALL 5 Workshops.
- You Tube Dr Stephen Porges – Polyvagal theory to gain an insight into his ground breaking work
- I strongly suggest purchasing at some point Stanley Rosenberg’s book. Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve: Self-Help Exercises for Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, and Autism
- For those wishing to go on and study New Vision Therapy to qualification level, or to do any of the other 4 core workshops, you WILL NEED to purchase GRAYS ANATOMY FOR STUDENTS – ISBN number 9780443069529
The cost of the full day workshop is £285.00 for bodyworkers with a minimum level 3 pre requisite, and £185.00 for non Body workers. This can be paid over 2/3 months if required, and will include the following:
- A full day from 8.50am to roughly 4.30pm
- During this time you will give and receive a full treatment from the protocol
- Included is a £50.00 donation per person for Headway Jersey
- You will receive a workshop manual to take away with you
- Included is lunch at the Trinity Arms
- A medical inspection torch for checking nerve functions in the mouth
- Access to our review days at no extra cost where you have a chance to ask any questions and iron out any problems you may have using the techniques
- Continued mentoring and help from myself if needed
- Attendance certificate and CPD points for non-Health professionals
- After successful attendance at review days to ensure transfer of knowledge has been successful, bodyworkers with a level minimum level 3 pre requisite will receive a stamped, accredited completion certificate enabling them to tag on the New Vision Therapy
- Foundations For Health protocol on their insurance
- Successful completion of Workshop 1 is a pre requisite for anyone wishing to complete the core curriculum and gain recognition as a New Vision Therapist